Monday, July 15, 2013

Rainy days and Mondays

Good morning folks!!

Monday's are always challenging for me, but this morning is especially tough. It was raining when I woke up. I just want to stay home and nap all day!! 

We had a fabulous weekend, which makes it that much harder to get going this morning!!

We had dinner with my son for his birthday on Friday night.

Saturday morning, I was supposed to go run 6+ miles with my Pathways group, but I've had some trouble with my left hip flexor for about a week now, so I took a rest day. Sorry guys!!  I've learned the hard way to listen to my body! I used to try to push through, but that often results in more severe problems in the long run.

The hip feels pretty good this morning, after lots of foam rolling and some rest, so I'm going to run 3 miles with Pathways tonight. It's a flat 3 mile course, so hopefully the hip will cooperate!!

So, that's what on my agenda for the day.

What are your plans today??

2 comments:

  1. That's a bummer about the hip but glad you had a fabulous weekend friend! Foam rollers are the best too. Love them! I also have one called the rumble roller that has knobs all over it. Looks pretty mid evil but feels pretty good, once you get used to it. Take it easy, okay?

    ReplyDelete