Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Little Help From My Friends

Good morning folks!!  Happy Hump Day!!

Wednesday is my 2nd favorite day of the week because it means we're halfway there!! 

Lately, I've been feeling a little bit burned out. I expressed this to my friends Brandi and Regina. Turns out that they understood where I was coming from.  And together we've come up with a plan to get things back on track.

The first order of business was "Turkey Tuesday". Turkey Mountain is known as "Tulsa's Urban Wilderness" Basically, it's an undeveloped area just 7 minutes from downtown and has a little something for everyone: trails for trail running and mountain biking as well as paved trails. There are some pretty steep hills!!  My friends have been meeting there on Tuesdays for a while now. Last night was the first night that I've joined them. We were celebrating Melissa's "first run outside" since November 2012. She has been recovering from a nasty stress fracture.

When we arrived, it looked like we might be rained out but the storm passed us and blessed us with this beautiful view:

 
After everyone arrived, we had to socialize a little bit.
I hadn't seen some of them since April or May. We had a little catching up to do!
 
Waiting on Regina.....as usual ;-)
 
Brandi said the hills could kiss her butt!
 
Then, we started out on one of the paved trails. We ran out and back for 1.5 miles followed by hill repeats. I skipped the hills but it felt good to run with my friends again!  I've been missing them and I think this just may be what I need to start feeling my mojo again!! I think I just might get by with a little help from my friends!!
 
Do you prefer to run alone or with friends??
 
 
 
 

2 comments: