Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Finding balance

Good morning friends!!

We've been blessed with much needed rainfall and cooler temps here recently. It's been fantastic!!

It was 76 degrees last night for my Pathways group run. It was still pretty humid, though. The group did a fantastic job!!  We increased our intervals to 11:1 and may have pushed the pace a little bit but we still averaged about a 12:30, including our walk breaks. They have all gotten so much stronger! The Bedlam run 10k is about 10 days away and they are gonna crush it!!  I'm so proud of them!!

I was worried about my hip. It was bothering me a little bit during the day yesterday but I made the whole 3 miles without much pain or difficulty. It's a little bit sore this morning, but nothing that I can't handle.

Then, I really got my sweat on when I got home with my Insanity Max Conditioning workout. After that, I was so wiped out and sleepy!!

So, I have a confession to make. Lately, I'm having difficulty balancing all the aspects of my life. Obviously, I work 8-5 all day. I run with Pathways on M - W and I cross train 6 days a week. For whatever reason, I'm not enjoying the running right now. It has become more tedious and "something I have to do" rather that something I enjoy and WANT to do. I'm not sure how to correct this. I'm also supposed to be in the half marathon training program on Saturday mornings, but I haven't signed up yet. I'm not entirely sure I'm going to. I almost feel like I need to take a break!  I'm feeling conflicted and sad. I can't imagine not running. I think that it might get a little bit easier in August when I start a new workout program that is only 25 minutes in length, 5 days a week. Maybe I'll hang in there just a little while longer (3 weeks) and then reassess. I've got to figure out how to run my life without it running me!!

Have you ever been in a running rut?
How do you balance all the aspects of your life??

No comments:

Post a Comment