Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Workout Wednesday/Motivation

Good morning y'all!!

It's Wednesday which means we're halfway there!!  Woohoo!!

That also means it's workout Wednesday.


button


I'll be running with Pathways after work, then home for an Insanity Plyometric cardio circuit sweatfest!

I'm also loving the Insanity workouts. Although I can't do everything at 100% yet, I know that I'm getting my heart rate up and I'm moving my butt plus I'm covered in sweat when I'm done so I feel like I'm getting a good workout. I'm not sure I'll see the results that I'm hoping for, but I'm going to give it my best shot!  :-)

I'm really loving the Tabata workout concept, 30 seconds of intense exercise followed by 10 seconds of rest. It really gets your heart rate up and the rest period is just enough time to catch your breath or get a drink of water, but not enough time to think about giving up. And you can easily adjust the intensity by doing more reps.

While searching the interwebs for tabata workouts, I found this one that looks intriguing:


Source: http://lianeelizabeth.blogspot.com/2012/07/10-week-workout-plan.html



And, that's all I've got for now, so I'll leave you with a little motivation for your workout Wednesday. Have a wonderful day! 


What's your workout plan for today??

4 comments:

  1. That tabata looks great! I'll be trying out Antigravity yoga tonight! Can't wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How was the yoga? I had to Google it and it looks like it would be fun! :-)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Tabatas! Use that lots when personal training and in my fitness classes too. Everyone thinks I'm nuts by the end of it. :)

    ReplyDelete