Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Just do it

Good morning folks!!

I hope that you're all having a wonderful week, so far!

First, a little housekeeping, Google reader is going away as of July 1. If you follow this blog via Google reader, then you might consider switching to Bloglovin'  I've been using it for a while now and it is super easy to use. I can read all the blogs I follow in one place. And they have an app for iphone and Android too!!  Check it out!!

I don't know why, but I had ZERO motivation yesterday. It wasn't a bad day, per se. I just wasn't interested. Sadly, that's how I was feeling when it was time to go run with my group. I just wasn't feeling it. I didn't really want to be there.

I struggled to lace up those shoes and put on my game face for the group, but I did it. And, as usual, I'm glad that I did!! It was about 75 degrees with a nice cool breeze. We ran a nice, flat 3 miles and even had a little fun at the water stop.

 
 
I'm really proud of this group! They've endured some of Oklahoma's heat and humidity yet they're still hanging in there!! They took advantage of the cooler weather last night and really pushed themselves! Our goal race is the Bedlam 10k next month and I have no doubt that they'll be ready. They'll rock it!!
 
The moral of the story is: you'll feel better after that workout that you're thinking about skipping!
 
Get up, get out, get moving and JUST DO IT!!
 
Have a fabulous Tuesday!! 

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes, it's hard to get past that block in the motivation, but I find I'm always happier when I do it! Well done and happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true that the first step is usually the hardest!

      Delete
  2. I try to tell myself the decision has already been made to run, so get to it before it is hot out and you make yourself miserable!

    ReplyDelete