Monday, June 10, 2013

Things Are Heating Up

Good morning folks!!

What a fabulous weekend!!  I enjoyed my time off SO MUCH!!
I think that it is absolutely necessary to do that periodically to recharge the batteries!! 

Friday, I had a massage. It's been a while since I've had one and it was glorious!!  Truly the best money I've spent in a while!!  Then I got some retail therapy. It was

Saturday morning, we got our run in then had breakfast with friends followed by some more retail therapy.  After we got home, we loaded up the boat and headed out to Keystone Lake. Although its only about 20 miles from us, we don't go there often because the water is usually very dirty. It is much worse right now with all the rain we've had recently. The water is red and muddy looking. We needed to do some work to the boat trailer and had to get the boat off of it, so it was a necessary evil. It didn't take hubs long to change out the bunk board, so we decided to take a little cruise around the lake. It was a nice, relaxing way to spend the evening. Afterward, we stopped at the local Mexican restaurant. The food is subpar, but the margaritas are fabulous!  My friend Brandi joined us and helped me bat cleanup on the margarita as it is the size of a fishbowl!!

Yesterday, I relaxed and did laundry while hubs mowed the yard. We sat on the porch enjoying the beautiful evening while we grilled steaks for dinner. I didn't really do much in the way of meal prep this week. I bought some deli turkey and a rotisserie chicken at the store for lunches. Its going to be hot this week. When the weather heats up, I tend to eat more veggies than anything else. I like to keep meals simple in the summer.

This is supposed to be the hottest week of the year, so far. I'm running with Pathways after work tonight. I'm not entirely sure that I'm ready for running in the heat yet, but we'll get 'er done!!  I love my new insulated Nathan hydration bottle from Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa so I should be well hydrated for my run! 

That's all I've got for now. Y'all have a magnificent Monday!!  Be fabulous today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment