Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Back on Track


Good morning folks!

Whew!!  The weekend just flew by!!

Saturday, I got up early and went to Tulsa to run with my Pathways group. We were scheduled to run 5 miles. It was humid beyond all belief!!  At mile 3, one of my runners started feeling ill. She tried to walk back to the store, but progressively felt worse. We called the store for a ride for her. After she got back and rested indoors for about 10-15 minutes, she started feeling better. She was upset that she didn't finish the run, but it's always better to err on the side of caution and safety.

I enjoyed breakfast with my friends after they got finished with their run. After that, I came home and did my Insanity workout. When hubs got home from work, we grabbed our stuff and headed for the lake. We have a 28ft bumper pull camping trailer. The past 2 summers, we set it up and left it all summer in the same spot. It made going to the lake incredibly easy, convenient and fun. Toward the end of last summer, the lake got dreadfully low, so we pulled the trailer out and put it in storage. We've been going to the lake, but staying in a hotel instead. Well, last week, hubs took our trailer back to the campground and got it all set it up. I had forgotten how much I love it at the place! Saturday night, we sat out on the dock under the "super moon" and listened to the birds. It was beautiful!!  I'm so glad that we're back there!!  We had fun out on the boat on Sunday.

On the way home Sunday evening, we decided to grab some fast food so we stopped at Taco Bell. My food had a stale, old taste but I didn't really think too much about it. But I woke up violently sick during the night. Hubs did too!!  We both had stomach issues all day yesterday :-( I think we'll be avoiding Taco Bell for a while. I feel much better today and I'm looking forward to getting my week back on track!!

This is my 4th week of Insanity. I can definitely tell a difference in my endurance. Next week is my "rest week" then I step it up for month #2. I missed my run with Pathways last night due to being sick. Its going to be hot tomorrow night, but I'm hoping to have a good run with them!

Well, that's all I've got for now. Have a joyous day!!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh. Stomach issues are the worst. Taco Bell is never gentle on the best of days, so I imagine this was particularly awful :(

    Glad you're feeling better and are ready to get back to your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that Taco Bell isn't the best food choice possible, but I love those tacos sometimes!! :-)

      Delete