Friday, October 4, 2013

Week from Hell!!

TGIF folks!!

I know I say it every week, but this week especially, I am SO glad it's Friday!! This has been one very challenging, stressful week! Between Medicare documentation changes and some very sick, needy patients, I'm one super stressed out girl!! 

Wednesday, I was supposed to run 4-4.5 miles with my Pathways group, but I really wasn't feeling it. I had charting that I needed to catch up on. I showed up to run and there were a couple of coaches from the other store who had come to run with my group. They said they didn't mind subbing for me, so I bailed out. I was planning to workout with my husband when I got home, but my body had other things in mind. I made the mistake of laying down while I was waiting for him to get home and I fell asleep. So, Wednesday was supposed to be an intense workout day but it turned into a much needed rest day!!

After work last night, I tried a new workout plan that I found thanks to my friend, Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem She posted on Instagram that she had just done her first Betty Rocker workout. I like to change up my regimen and I'm always looking for new routines so I thought that I would check it out. I signed up for the 30 day  Rocktober fitness challenge at The Betty Rocker After I verified my email, I got my week 1 workout via email. Hubs and I did it last night and I really liked it. It's a body weighted strength circuit that is approximately 25 minutes depending on how many rounds that you do. I did 3 rounds and my arms were like jello. I really like that they have a video and give you options to add intensity or modify moves for beginners, because everyone has to start somewhere!!  I'm looking forward to doing this circuit again and the rest of the workouts!!  I'll keep you posted!

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. I am scheduled to run 8 miles with my Pathways group in the morning. We've got a cool front moving in tonight. It's supposed to be about 55 degrees when we run in the morning. That will be fabulous especially if it isn't very humid!!

The rest of weekend, I don't plan on doing anything else except watch college football and cook chili.

I think I've a good handle on my fitness now. Next week, I'm hoping to start cleaning up my eating....AGAIN!!  That is the hardest part for me!! I've drastically reduced gluten products in the past week and feel much less bloated that I was feeling. I'm open to any and all clean eating recipes that you want to share with me!!

Well, ok.....I've got to get back the grind.

Have a fabulous and safe Friday/weekend!!

2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for clean-eating recipes, just search for any Paleo recipes! I find that when I stray off of my paleo lifestyle I am very bloated and feel just plain miserable! There are tons of yummy paleo recipes out there! Search for PaleOMG, Thegirlmakestheclothes blog, paleo parents, just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thanks for the good idea. I find a lot of recipes on pinterest, too.

      Delete