Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Catching up

Hey y'all!

Did ya miss me??  Sorry for the unplanned hiatus. I know I've been a bad blogger the past few days....sawwy!!

My Pathways group has been killing it lately!!  I'm so proud of them!!  Last Wednesday, we took them up and down some of the hilliest hills in downtown Tulsa. You know if a hill has a nickname then it's probably a challenge. That would be "Crybaby Hill" just off of Riverside drive. It's steep and just when you think you're at the top, you realize that you have to turn right and you're only about halfway. I was asked to sweep with the 10:15 pace group that night. I was nervous! I wasn't sure I could maintain that pace for 4 miles with all the hills, but I stepped up to the challenge. It was hot and humid in addition to the hills, but they didn't let that stop them! They were all awesome and stepped up to the challenge!! I survived too which was a plus. :)

Saturday, we were scheduled to run 6.5 miles. We had a large group of about 30 runners. The weather was a little bit cooler but still humid. Within 1/2 mile of the store, one of the runners tripped over a crack in the sidewalk and fell. She was in a great deal of pain and unable to bear weight. I sent the group on ahead with my co-coach and I took the injured runner back to the store. After about 15-20 minutes, she was able to stand and bear weight on her own. I decided to go find my group. I thought that I could intercept them at the water stop, so I headed in that direction. I had to run 9 minute miles to catch them, but I found them just past the water stop and was able to finish the run with them. They did a great job!

Last night, they handled 3.5 miles like champs!! I have no doubt that they'll be well prepared for the Tulsa Run 15k in October.

I've asked some of my dietician friends to come up with some healthy, budget friendly meals as a follow up on my Hunger Awareness/SNAP challenge post. As soon as I have those, I'll post them for you.

And, that's pretty much all that I've been up to recently. So, now you're all "caught up"

Have a terrific Tuesday! 



No comments:

Post a Comment