Tuesday, November 12, 2013

When?

Hello, hello friends!!

Happy 11/12/13 day!!

Nearly every morning for 2 years now, I've posted a positive uplifting message and quote to Facebook. Initially, I started this practice for myself more than anything, but now people have come to expect it.

My quote today was "In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take, the relationships we were afraid to have and the decisions we took too long to make."

I typically choose my quotes from a variety of sources. They may be pertinent to something that is going on in my life or to the day/holiday/world events, etc or it may just be totally random. That was the case when I posted this one this morning. It was just random. But the more I thought about it and recent events in my life, it is more pertinent than I initially thought.

When I started running, I tried to adopt a "live life to the fullest" attitude. I've tried to be more open to trying new things and having no fear. Life is short and I don't want to miss out on an opportunity to try new things or be better than I was yesterday. I don't want to get to the end of my time here and have to say "I wish I would have....." I want to be able to say "Wow! What a great ride! I've had a great time! Remember when I did....."

I haven't really been as good about this as I should, but I'm going to work on correcting that in the near future (comitting to a full marathon, getting my personal trainer certification) The hardest part is overcoming fear or finding time, but the time will pass anyway. So, now to focus on the little voice in my head that says "what if you can't do it" because, what if I can?!

Life is short! It's time to grab the bull by the horns and take a chance, make a change and truly live life to the fullest!!

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

No comments:

Post a Comment