Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Recap and weekly goals

Good morning folks!! 

I'm back from my little hiatus aka vacation. We really didn't do much of anything but I feel rested, relaxed and accomplished. I think that's what time off is all about!!

We were scheduled to go to Iowa to visit family, but unfortunately, we were not able to make the trip. I had some tooth problems/dental work done and was in quite a bit of pain so we decided to postpone the Iowa trip. We stayed home and did some much needed, neglected house work including shampooing the carpets.

I finally started to get some pain relief Friday afternoon, so we decided to go ahead and salvage what we could of our time off. We packed up and headed for our little lake retreat.

We woke up to cloudy skies and rain on Saturday. We waited that out and finally got on the water about 2 pm. We explored some new areas of the lake and got sprinkled on a little bit, but it all in all, it was a good day.

Sunday looked like it would be a much better lake day. We had some sunshine and got some good floating time. We spent the better part of the afternoon/evening visiting with good friends that we don't get to see often enough.

We got up early yesterday morning for a sunrise boat ride. It was partly cloudy so we didn't actually see the sun come up, but we got treated to some awesome wildlife. We saw deer at the water's edge, a couple of foxes on one of the rock ledges and even an eagle perched in a tree.

After our boat ride, while we were cleaning up, I almost broke my knee trying to get off the boat in a hurry trying to get away from an aggressive bumble bee!!  Then we packed up and headed home. We got home early enough to get the laundry caught up, get the grocery shopping done, had dinner, worked out and even had time to relax/catch up on a couple of our favorite TV shows.

I didn't really watch what I ate/drank too much over the weekend and haven't worked out or run for a week but the scale wasn't too hateful to me this morning, fortunately!!

The fall session of Pathways started last night. This session, we're training for the Tulsa Run 15k. I'm looking forward to working with them for the next few weeks. Tonight is Turkey Tuesday and if it isn't too hot, I'll run with my friends tonight and then run with Pathways tomorrow night.

I started the new Beachbody program Focus T25 last night and really enjoyed it. I like the shorter, more intense workout. I even got hubs to workout with me!!

Meal prep for the week included: lemon garlic chicken breast cooked in the crock pot, steamed yellow squash, steamed asparagus, and spaghetti squash.

I don't think I saw the results that I really wanted from Insanity because my eating was poor and that's mostly due to poor planning on my part. My fitness goals for this week include:

Monday: T25 Alpha cardio
Tuesday: 2-3 mile run, T25 Speed 1.0
Wednesday: 2-3 mile run, T25 Total Body Circuit
Thursday: T25 Ab intervals
Friday: T25 Lower focus and alpha cardio
Saturday: 2-3 mile run
Sunday: rest!!

Ok, folks.....that's enough recap for now.
Gotta go get busy! Have a wonderful day!



Be awesome today!

What are your fitness goals for the week?
Do you meal plan and prep??

No comments:

Post a Comment