Tuesday, August 13, 2013

New Day

Good morning y'all!

It's a beautiful day! I woke up to more much needed rainfall. Plus, we made it through Monday!! 

And I'm so glad! That means that today is a new day. I love the fact that we get a new day every day and that we get to start over!!

A reply to my post yesterday really made me think about this and helped me put my food/drink transgressions from this past weekend into perspective.

I can't change the way I ate/drank with reckless abandon (even thought it didn't really seem like it at the time, but the scale says so) The only thing I can do is move on and try to do better.

I didn't meal plan over the weekend and that always leads to disaster. I had to eat whatever I could find in the hospital cafeteria. I chose the "Red, White, and blue salad" chicken breast with raspberries, blueberries and feta cheese so that was pretty healthy. But they had Macaroni and Cheese!!  They have the BEST mac and cheese and haven't served it for months. So, of course I had to have some of that as well. And 2 peanut butter cookies happened to find their way onto my tray :/ Oops! 

So I ate the cookies and the mac and cheese. Guess what?? It was pretty damn good too!! 

Can I change it now?? No, I can't. It's a done deal now. But I can get my shi*t together and plan/prepare meals for the rest of the week so that I don't continue down the slippery slope of eating.all.the.things! I know that eating mac and cheese or cookies occasionally isn't a crime. But I also know that one thing leads to another for me and if I don't put the brakes on the garbage eating quickly, I'll never stop.

So, after work yesterday, I led the Pathways PW3 group on a 2.5 mile run. It was pretty humid but they did a great job. This is going to be a great session.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home and got some things to prepare for the rest of the week so hopefully, I will make better food choices.

I came home and did the Focus T25 cardio workout, which  was pretty challenging for me last night. I was tired and it was really all I could muster. I wanted to start my weight training program that Erica @ Mom With Muscle designed for me but I was just too tired. Excuses, excuses......I know!!  But it is very important with weight training that you use good form and if you're too tired, your form suffers. So I opted to wait until today to start weight training (hopefully)

After that, I spent about 30 minutes and prepared food for the whole week. Yep, that's all it took! 30 minutes!!  I can't believe how easy it really is with a little bit of planning.

I put chicken breasts in the crock pot with McCormick garlic and herb seasoning. I bought 2 different bags of Bird's Eye Steamer vegetables. Each one takes about 5-6 minutes to prepare in the microwave. While those were cooking, I cut up some fresh asparagus and steamed that in 3 minutes. I still have brown rice and spaghetti squash in the refrigerator, so essentially I was done after cooking the veggies.

My crockpot goes to warm after the timer shuts off. I usually wake up at least once during the night for the restroom or drink of water and last night was no exception. My chicken was done when I got up so I put it in a container and went back to sleep.

So, voila!!  With minimal effort, I have roasted chicken breasts, steamed veggies, rice, spaghetti squash and sweet potatoes for lunch this week.

NO MORE EXCUSES!!

I hope that you all have a fabulous day!!  I'm having a root canal today :(
Hopefully that goes well. I hate the dentist with a passion but at least I've got a good one!



No comments:

Post a Comment