Friday, May 31, 2013

May Foodie Pen Pals/Recap & Preview

TGIF folks!!

I'm still struggling/muddling my way through Insanity. It is ROUGH!  I'm not nearly as tough as I thought I was, but I'm going to be!!  Right now, I can only do some of the exercises about 75% but I think that will get better with repetition. At least that's what I'm telling myself :-)

I wasn't going to run this Saturday morning, then I got an email about The Stronger 5k. The race proceeds were to be distributed to The Convoy of Hope, an agency equipped to provide help and hope to people in need, especially through disaster relief. They are currently on the ground here in Oklahoma helping those who were affected by the recent tornadoes here. The race directors have decided to donate 100% of the registration monies to the  "Disaster Relief for the Oklahoma Tornado Victims".  I couldn't pass up a chance to do what I love--RUN--while supporting the great state of Oklahoma!! So, I'll be running that in the morning, doing Insanity, then I've planned a date with the mister for Saturday afternoon/evening. It's going to be a busy weekend for us!!

This month, I participated in something called Foodie Pen Pals, organized by Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean  This was my first time to participate and it was really fun!!  I received my items from Traci in Ohio. Here's what was in my box:



A white chocolate, cranberry, walnut granola (my new favorite), chocolate-toffee covered pretzels, Esther Price chocolates, Mikesells puff corn and potato chips, coffee from Boston Stoker and a fruity sangria tea plus Justin's maple almond butter and chocolate hazelnut butter. What was unique about my box is most of the items were local to Ohio.

I really enjoyed the Foodie Pen Pals. It was a fun way to meet new people and try some new things. If you're interested in participating, check out Lindsay's blog for details!

Consequently, both Traci and my recipient contacted me to check my well being during the recent tornado outbreak. That was really unexpected and so sweet of them!!

I hope that you all have a fabulous weekend!!


9 comments:

  1. Insanity is definitely tough! It'll make you even tougher mentally than it does physically, IMO. I did it all the way through last summer. How far along are you in it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just week 1 for me. Good info to know! I definitely need to eliminate the word "can't" from my vocabulary!

      Delete
    2. Most definitely! :)
      And, once you get the moves down, I'd recommend finding your own tunes to crank up that'll help keep you moving too. That's what I did..... Love Shaun T but got a little tired hearing him! Had it down just enough to hear his cues and some needed motivation, but I feel I did better with music I know motivates ME.

      Delete
    3. Oh, that's a good tip!! Thank you!! You can be my personal coach and cheer leader along the way! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Theresa! Just wanted to drop a quick note and let you know I posted today about your foodie box on my blog. I will tell you, your box prompted a much needed taco night at our house. We LOVED it! Thank you so much for being so generous with our foodie box. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so nervous and wasn't really sure what all to send. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you liked your goodies. I had some of that granola with my lunch today.

    Have a great day!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing with peach Greek yogurt.....tastes like peach pie. We need to work out a deal on some more of that.....lol!

      Delete