Monday, May 6, 2013

Wrap up and Nurses week goals

Good morning folks! And, here we go again!

Friday night, we ran the Cinco do Mayo 5k in Tulsa. It was unseasonably cool with a brisk North wind that evening. Because the first half of this course is all uphill, right into the wind, I wasn't expecting much. But, the cooler weather must agree with me. I finished at 31:51, which is my new 5k PR!!


Saturday was the first day in 4 months that I haven't had to get up early for a long run. I slept in until 8am! It was glorious!! We didn't do much Saturday as it was cold and rainy. We were planning to go thrift shopping but we ended up staying home and catching up on dvr'd TV shows that we've missed the past couple of weeks.

We slept late Sunday morning too!!  After we did our weekly grocery shopping, we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with this delicious Corn and Black Bean Salsa and watched "Silver Linings Play Book" It was a different role for Bradley Cooper and totally not what I was expecting, but I enjoyed it. I enjoyed my relaxing weekend too!

HAPPY NURSES WEEK to my fellow nurses!!



The new session of Pathways starts tonight. I'm excited about training a new group of runners to run a 10k!

My workout plans this week include:

Monday: run w/ Pathways
Tuesday: Urban Fit boot camp
Wednesday: run w/ Pathways
Thursday: Urban Fit boot camp
Friday: REST
Saturday: Running with the Cows half marathon, Bucyrus, KS

I hope that you have a great week!!

What are your fitness plans this week??

Did you do anything fun this past weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment