Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Workout Wednesday #2

Good morning folks!! 

Happy Hump Day!!  Thanks for all the love I've felt from my fellow bloggers the past few days!!  It's really nice to be able to connect with others. I appreciate all the comments and feedback!!

I had a sports massage after work last night and it was AMAZING! I had heard really good things about this girl, so I just had to check it out. I thought that I did a pretty good job of stretching and rolling the kinks out but it was abundantly clear that I don't. I was pretty beat up! She kept finding spots that needed worked on and at one point she said "there's no way I'm going to finish you in an hour" I think that I need to schedule a massage every 4-6 weeks routinely. I feel SO much better today! Even the Achilles isn't as tender as it was before!

I'm really excited because I'm going to spin class tonight! I love spin, I just haven't found a class that coordinates with my schedule. When I saw an email from Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa 52 Fitness last week regarding evening spin classes, I almost squealed like a little girl!!  I'm just hoping that I can keep up!!

Today is Workout Wednesday!!  When I was at the chiropractor the other day, he mentioned that he didn't think my transverse abdominus was firing, meaning my core is weak. Imagine that! I sit a lot at work so it's no wonder that my glutes, back and abs are weak! So, in addition to the spin class, I'm going to try to throw in a little ab routine as well. Here's what I'm planning to do tonight:

 
I'm planning to do that circuit at least 3 times, or I might vary it a little plus I'm going to add a plank until failure between each set and at the end.


And, that's a wrap for today! Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

What workout/workouts are you doing today?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! My Wednesday is starting off great. Started with a mobility class & now I am getting caught up on blog reading before I head into work. I have some more stretching on tap after work too. Bit of a rest day for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Crystal. Thanks for stopping by. Rest days are important; I don't think we give ourselves enough of them

      Delete
  2. Great workout! It looks a bit like my workout on Monday. I did a Tabata routine. The difference is pretty much that you have to do 20 secs/10 secs 8 reps. It kicked my butt! I'm embarrassed to admit but I'm still sore!

    xoxo
    Olena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Tabata or HIIT workouts! I've got new one that I came up with for next workout Wednesday. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete