Monday, January 20, 2014

Monday Motivation--New Things

Good morning friends!! 

I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend.

Saturday was long run day. I was hoping to get 10-12 miles. I did 3 miles with Pathways AP2b at 35:40; 11:53/mile. Then Kelly and I waited for Rozdi to get back to the store to finish our miles. This was probably a mistake. My legs were sore and got really tight while we were waiting plus the negative comments were working on my head. Self doubt was creeping in and I was rethinking my decision to coach Pathways this session. I managed to get in 6 more miles but they weren't easy or pretty. I really beat myself up about not getting all my miles. But the more I think about it, I'm glad I didn't force it. Being tired and not really focused increases the risk of injury. It's better to stop and start again when feeling rested. I'm hoping that the next run will be better. :-)

Today is Motivation Monday and the theme is "New Things"

 


Yesterday was food prep day and I made my husband's favorite goulash. Today is his first day back to work after 6 weeks off for knee surgery so he needed a little comfort food. And I made a large pot of Minestrone Soup. It's a new recipe for me so I thought that I would share it with you for the Motivation Monday New Things link up.

MINESTRONE SOUP:

3 Carrots chopped
3 Celery stalks chopped
1 Onion chopped
2-4 cloves of garlic minced
2 28 oz cans of diced tomatoes
1 can cannellini beans
1 can red kidney beans
1 Cup quinoa pasta
2 Cups veggie broth
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
2 Cups Spinach leaves
2 cups Zucchini

Saute' veggies in olive oil until tender. Add to large stock pot with tomatoes, beans and spices. Bring to a boil then add the zucchini, spinach and pasta. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cook for 10 minutes or until pasta and zucchini is tender.

I love Olive Garden minestrone soup. I'm not sure how close this is, but I can't wait to try it today at lunch!!  You could add meat if desired but I'm going to try it without for Meatless Monday. 

Be sure to check out what new things my co-hosts have for you today!!

Have a marvelous Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment