Wednesday, March 13, 2013

This little piggy cried!!

I had hoped that I would be able to do a product review of my new Thorlo socks, but that will have to be another post.



One would think that with all my nursing experience, I would know how to prevent/treat blisters or at least prevent existing blisters from getting worse. Well, last night, I did everything wrong. I've been padding the existing blister on the ball of my left foot with moleskin or foam tape. I've also been having problems with the 4th and 5th toes on my right foot rubbing together and causing irriatation. Well, in my infinite wisdom, I left the foam tape on the bottom of my left foot and wrapped a small peice of moleskin around my right 5th toe to prevent rubbing. I really knew better, but I did it anyway hoping for the best. And while it sounds logical in theory, the reality is......feet sweat during running, the tape prevents the moisture from wicking away thus increasing the friction and creating a blister or making an existing one worse. So, here I sit feeling like a royal dumbass with a blister on the ball of my left foot and on the inside of my right 5th toe wondering if I will be able to run my next scheduled runs!  When will I ever learn??  I'm hoping that these areas will feel better by Thursday night. I'm thinking I might try antiperspirant on my feet in the future. I'm even seriously considering super glue to toughen up the skin in these "hot spots"

Because I was concerned about my feet, I didn't really do a very adequate post run stretch. With the problems I've had recently with my IT band and hip, a good thorough stretch is a must!!  So, I came home and tried out my new Vinyasa Yoga for Runners dvd. That was a good workout!!  I'm not as flexible as I should be but I'll get there eventually. I was surprised how much more relaxed I felt afterward. I think that I will definitely make a serious effort to do this yoga workout at least 2-3 times a week.



Have you ever had a blister from your run?? How did you treat or prevent them in the future??

Have you ever done yoga? Did you like it?

No comments:

Post a Comment