Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday Pits and Peaks

Howdy y'all!

Happy Friday!!

We finally made it! It's a fabulous spring day here, 70's and some much needed rainfall in the forecast. Perfect weather for Easter weekend!

Today I'm linking up with Brin from www.boldbutterbaby.com for  her Pit and Peak link up. If you haven't taken a look at her blog, you should!!  So go check her out and link up with us regarding your Pit and Peak.

button

This week, my eating was the PITS!! 

I am totally out of control especially when it comes to sweets. Easter doesn't help matters any. Neither does the fact that I'm constantly being tempted by goodies that my wonderful marketers bring me. I usually exercise pretty good self control but all it takes is 1 cookie or piece of candy for me. I think these things are fine in moderation, as an occasional treat. But, I have a tendency to convince myself that its ok to do it more than occassionally, like every damn day!!  I justify it because "its ok, you're going to workout" So, in an attempt to get my eating under control again, I'm doing a sugar detox/diet reset starting Monday. I gave up diet soda and sweet tea for lent, so I'm thinking that if I can forgo those things for 40 days, I can stick to no candy, cookies, cake, chocolate, etc for 1 week.  I plan to cut out processed foods like breads and cereal bars, crackers as well as artificial sweeteners, including my beloved Crystal Light. I plan to flavor my water with lemon or lime slices and eat plenty of fresh fruit for my sweet fix! You're welcome to join me in my endeavor, if you wish.  I'll keep you posted on my progress!


Case in point!


Gateway drugs!


PEAK: it's been a fabulous week. The weather has been amazing! I even ran in shorts and a tank last night.
Work has been pretty uneventful this week, which is just the way I like it.

And that's it for me for now.

Have a great weekend and a very HAPPY EASTER!





No comments:

Post a Comment