I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Jennifer over @ www.fatchick2fitchickblog.com and Kimmy @ www.thethingaboutdestiny.com. It is a fun little blogging chain letter of sorts that prompts a little Q&A between bloggers and a chance to share some of your favorite blogs.
HERE ARE THE RULES FOR RECEIVING THIS AWARD:
1.Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2.Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3.Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4.Go to their page and tell them.
5.No tag backs!
11 things about myself:
1. I'm the 8th nurse in my family
2. My goal/dream is to run 50 half marathons, 1 in every state, before I turn 50
3. I am deathly afraid of Sasquatch
4. I am also deathly afraid of spiders
5. I once got my arm broken by a cow
6. I've been bitten by a squirrel and a goat (see a trend here?? I have trouble keeping my hands out off places they shouldn't be)
7. I was a band geek in high school
8. I want to be Jillian Michaels when I grow up
9. I do not like to eat fish of any kind
10. I don't like to eat eggs either
11. My left foot is about a half size bigger than my right one ;)
My answers to Jenn's questions:
1.Who is your embarrassing celeb crush? If you only love the pretty publicly acceptable celebs who is your crush in general? My embarrassing crush would be Billy Bob Thornton; my publicly acceptable crush would probably be Gerard Butler
2.Who is your favorite musician/artist/autotuned aficionado? Adam Levine
3.What is your favorite book either of all time or book de jour? The Harry Potter books, especially the Deathly Hallows
4.What is the funniest memory you have? The first thing that comes to mind was about 12-13 years ago when I was working at a small rural hospital. One day, one of my co-workers got the "walking farts" after eating cheap Mexican fast food for lunch. She literally let one slip with every step she took all the way down the hall! I don't think I've laughed that hard since then.
5.What is the most important trait in a significant other? Honesty
6.If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go? Fiji
7.What did you want to be when you grew up? A doctor
8.If you could meet one person living or dead, who would it be and why? My great, great grandparents so I could learn about my family's heritage and history.
9.What talent do you wish you possessed? I wish I could draw or paint
10.What song would you blare at full volume and sing at the top of your lungs? Anything by Adele
11.If you could travel back in time, which decade would you visit and why? The 1950's....things seemed to be more simple and less rushed
Answers to Kimmy's questions:
1.Favorite Movie Quote? "Why do you want to marry me anyways? So I can kiss you anytime I want" Sweet Home Alabama
2.Most embarrassing Moment? Always being "out of step" in high school marching band and being called out by the band director
3.Biggest struggle as a human being? Many! Confidence, indecision, keeping my mouth shut but also speaking up when I need to.......
4.Favorite Sport team? OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!
5.favorite exercise? Running
6.chocolate or vanilla? chocolate
7.favorite drink? water
8.best childhood memory? time spent at my grandparents house....they lived in the country. My siblings and I got to run, play and explore all over their property
9.what thumbprint do you hope to leave on this world when you go? I just want to be the best person that I can be
10.favorite type of music? I like all types of music
11.Paper or Plastic? Paper plates, plastic bags
1. Favorite color
2. Biggest fear
3. If you had a warning label, what would it be??
4. Favorite movie
5. Favorite food
6. Favorite holiday
7. If you had a super power, what would it be?
8. Beatles or Rolling Stones
9. Who is your hero??
10. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could only bring 3 items, what would they be??
11. What is your biggest challenge you face as an adult/parent??
And, finally, my nominees are:
1. Mallory @ http://malskeysthemusical.blogspot.com
2. Bobbie Sue @ http://abuildingweshallgo.blogspot.com/
3. Megan @ http://megancard.com/
4. Kelli @ http://kelliherrington.blogspot.com
5. Christy @ http://www.christyruns.com
6. Melissa @ http://mylifeasafolz.blogspot.com
7. Amy @ http://runningescapades.blogspot.com/
8. Jake @ http://www.thelifeofjake.com
9. Courtney @ http://3xacharmrunner.blogspot.com
10. Becka @ http://www.busybecka.com
11. Shelly @ http://shellynobelly.blogspot.co