Thursday, March 14, 2013

Race plans April 2013

Woohoo!!  I'm finally getting some races on my calendar. And that makes me happy, happy, happy!!

I signed up for the half marathon training program with Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa way back in December. At that time, I was supposed to have a "goal race" in mind. I was really hoping to run 2 of the 5 half marathons from the Dust Bowl series, but that's not going to happen this year. I really didn't have any other race goals so I was feeling a little frustrated. But, things are starting to look up as of today! It looks like I'll be racing nearly every weekend in April and May.

Here's what I'm planning to do so far:

April 6: Aquarium Run 10k, Jenks, OK. This is the graduation run for my Pathways group. I'm really looking forward to running this race with them :)

April  14: Hogeye Half Marathon, Fayetteville, Arkansas (if that doesn't pan out, I'm going to run the "Run with the Pride" 5k on April 13 to benefit the Pride of Broken Arrow, Oklahoma marching band)

April 20: Camp Barnabas Half Marathon, Springfield, Missouri--benefits Camp Barnabas, a camp for special needs and chronically ill children

May 3: Cinco de Mayo 5k, Tulsa, OK--this is one of my absolute favorite races. Good post race food, beer and margaritas!!

May 18: This is tough, I have to choose either Joplin Memorial Half Marathon, Joplin, MO or the Full Moon Run 5k in Tulsa, OK. This is also a very fun race!!  It also has a great post race food, beer and music. This year the band is a Van Halen cover band!!

That's all so far!!

What races are on your calendar in the future?! What is your favorite race distance?

No comments:

Post a Comment