Monday, December 2, 2013

Weekend recap

Good morning folks!! Yet another manic Monday is upon us!!  I can't believe that it's December already.....where has this year gone!!  Less than a month till Christmas and I have no shopping done....eek!!

I hope that you all had a good Thanksgiving!! I sure did!!  I got up early Thursday morning and went for a run before we left for Iowa. After a 2 hour "lay over" aka eating our traditional turkey dinner at Cracker Barrel, we arrived at our destination. We got there in time to visit a little bit before bedtime. Friday morning, I went shopping with my daughter in law and grand daughter. We missed the crazy early Black Friday shoppers but we still found some good deals!! Then we met the boys for lunch and a movie. We went to see Frozen with the grand babies. It was fun! I wasn't feeling well and ended up falling asleep early.

I got up early Saturday to go for a run. Ottumwa has a nice trail system that reminds me a little bit of the trails in Tulsa. It isn't as extensive of course but it is still nice. I pretty much had the whole trail to myself. I only saw about 4 other people and about 100 geese. Apparently the geese think the trail belongs to them because they leave LOTS of calling cards at various places on the trail. Dodging their little piles made it more challenging, as if it were an obstacle run!!  I ended up getting in 8 miles in 1:26, pretty fast for me! It was in the 20's when I started. I was afraid that I was going to be cold, but with the sun shining on me the whole time, I was actually pretty warm!!

That afternoon, we stayed with the grand babies and baked cookies while their parents went Christmas shopping for them. Then we took them to see Christmas lights while their mom wrapped the gifts. After we ate dinner, we settled down to watch a movie. I ended up falling asleep early, again!

We spent most of the day in the car yesterday, but made it home in time to get some groceries, meal prep for the week and get some laundry done. So, it was a pleasant, successful weekend!

I feel like a busted can of biscuits from some of the unhealthy food I ate over the weekend. It's so hard to go to someone else's home and maintain a "clean" diet. So, I'm back to square one there. And I've got to get back on track with cross training. I was doing a pretty good job but slacked off as training for the Route 66 half marathon ramped up. I'm getting back on the cross training wagon starting today!!  And today is officially day 1 of training for the Little Rock marathon....eek!!

Ok, I've gotta go get ready for work. I feel like I'm going to running wide open for the next few days so I need to get a jump start!!

Have a fabulous Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment