Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Dream Big and Give Freely

Good morning folks!!

We survived another Monday!! 

It was a busy day at work, catching up from the long weekend. After work, I met my friend Rozdi for a run. It was a beautiful evening for a run, I actually wore a skirt! We did 3 miles and decided that we would run again tonight to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather that we're having, before the next winter storm blows in. I should do 10 - 12 miles this weekend. I'm not sure how I'm going to manage that as the forecast is predicting snow and ice.  Have I mentioned lately that I really do not like winter??

I hope that you all took advantage of Black Friday and Cyber Monday shopping and got some good deals!!  Now that those days are passed, I want to bring another important day to your attention. It's called Giving Tuesday and it's TODAY!! It is way too easy to commercialize Christmas. I think this is a fabulous way to get back to the true meaning of Christmas! Too many families will have to do without this holiday season. It doesn't take much and every $1 helps. Even if it is only a dollar, it is better than nothing!! I would like to encourage each and every one of you to do the same. If you're unable to donate monetarily, find other ways to give back and to reach out to those in need this holiday season. You can volunteer your time. It's free!! :)



As you know, recently I've been trying to live life to the fullest and to dream big. Well, I would say that I accomplished that yesterday. You see, on a whim, I took a chance and entered the lottery for the 2014 New York City marathon!! I don't really expect to get in, but it's kinda fun to try! I have nothing to lose and one thing is certain, I'll never know if I don't try!!



Alrighty, that's all I've got!

Have a terrific Tuesday!!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you entered the lottery! I hope you win a spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. One thing is certain, I'll never know if I don't try! :-)

      Delete