Friday, December 27, 2013

Quick Update

Good morning friends! TGIF

Is it just me or did this week just fly by?! It's been kind of a weird week with the holiday in the middle of the week.

My boss let us off work early Tuesday afternoon. I was planning to run before I went home but things were thawing out and the falling ice from trees and power lines was causing quite a bit of havoc. I opted to come home and run on the highway outside my house where falling ice wasn't so much of a concern. Running on the highway brings a whole other set of concerns however, so my husband usually follows me in the car so I have my own personal sag wagon, cheerleader, pace car, water boy, etc. Apparently, this was a concern to a couple of passing motorists who stopped to ask me "is that guy bothering you?" We got quite a laugh out of that!!

We had a wonderful Christmas with my family. It was the first time that we had all been together in a while and a good time was had by all. My little niece stole the show, of course, especially with her new bicycle.

She squealed with delight with every gift she opened. I just wish I had a little bit of her enthusiasm! I can't complain, hubs gave me a new Samsung Galaxy tablet, then immediately took it back so he could buy me the bigger one. :)

Yesterday, we got to leave work early too. The weather was beautiful so I took full advantage of it. I was scheduled to run 1:15 endurance run. I got 6 miles in 1:08. It was nice running around downtown Tulsa vs Riverside. It was my last run before the Run 4 the Ranch Half Marathon in Springfield, Missouri on Saturday. I'm more than a little concerned about this half marathon. I was sick last week and have been feeling sluggish since then. My legs have been heavy and tired. And my left leg/foot has been hurting. I haven't been cross training and stretching quite as well as I should and it's quite obvious. My old nagging IT band issue is trying to rear it's ugly head too! I just hope I can get through Saturday without major problems and get back on track. I don't have time for injuries!!

Well, that's all for now folks!
Have a fabulous weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment