Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Workout Wednesday

Good morning folks!! 

Woohoo! It's Wednesday and that means that we're halfway there!!

So much for wishing for an easier week! I knew it was too much to ask for! Late yesterday afternoon, my phone rang. It was a strange number but I recognized the prefix. My mother in law is currently a resident at a skilled nursing facility (nursing home) in a small town near where we live. She went there for "therapy" Well, apparently she started having some complications on Monday and was sent to the local hospital there. The phone call was from the hospital telling me that she had been transferred to the hospital where I work because "her condition was worsening" This was all news to me! No one from the nursing facility or hospital ever notified my husband or me that she had been sent there in the first place. I'm beyond angry!!!  I've been a nurse for a very long time and I simple cannot imagine not notifying a patient's family of changes in their condition! Simply unheard of and unacceptable!!!  Maybe I'm just an old fashioned nurse or my expectations are way too high!!  Needless to say, some heads are going to roll when I get ahold of them today!!  Mother in law is currently in the ICU in serious condition. Thoughts and prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Monday night after work, I did a back/shoulders/biceps strength training circuit while watching The Voice. I missed the finale last night, but I know that Josh Kaufman won and deservingly so. He was very good!! I was planning to do Total Body Cardio from the 21 Day Fix after work last night, but with the current ICU situation, I missed my workout last night. :( Not to worry though, I'm planning to double up and get it done tonight!! Wednesday is my leg day so I'm planning to do the 21 Day Fix Lower Fix and then I'll probably do the Total Body Cardio that I missed last night. I have a feeling that I need to work up a good sweat and blow off some steam!! 

The point that I want to make for today's Workout Wednesday post is that despite our best intentions, we all have lives to live. Sometimes life gets in the way of our plans. The important thing to remember is that whatever the current situation may be, it is temporary. This too shall pass. It's important to not let life derail our plans entirely. Don't use life situations as an excuse to fall off the wagon. I've been guilty of this in the past. One thing I always tell the runners that I coach is "control what you can control" I obviously cannot control the situation with my MIL but I can control my eating and my workout.Yes, I missed my workout last night. But my eating was still spot on. And I've got healthy meals packed for today as well. I'm planning to hit it hard tonight but I also have a backup plan just in case the situation changes. I'm packing a gym bag and I can use the gym at work if needed. And this is my back up workout if need be.

 
 
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail" Have a plan, don't fail today!!
 
Until next time--get up, get out, get moving! Whatever you choose to do today, be awesome at it!!
 
Your friend,
 
Theresa
 
Do you watch The Voice?
Who do you think should have won??




1 comment:

  1. I have failed to plan. :( Thanks for the push. I love the quotes, so empowering! I believe it's never too late to pick myself up.

    herweightlossdiary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete