Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Checkin' In

Good morning y'all!!

I missed you yesterday!!  I assumed that I would have time for a post from work, but it was far too busy and I never got an opportunity! I even had to eat lunch on the fly at my desk!  I really dislike days like that!! I always feel so scattered and I know that there are tasks that didn't get completed. I'm hoping today is a little slower so that I can get caught up!

Last week was not a good week for me. I was really sick! I thought it was my allergies initially, but I'm not so sure it wasn't bronchitis or something a little more serious. On top of that, my mother in law fell and broke her hip. Late nights at the hospital with her coupled with not feeling well led to a very tired, cranky, emotional girl!!  Sorry!!  She had surgery to repair her hip but has been having various other complications. Due to an abnormal heart rhythm, she hasn't been out of bed since the surgery. She is quite elderly and frail. We were talking about rehab initially, but I'm afraid that we may have to rethink our current discharge plan. Unfortunately, neither hubs nor I are in a position to quit our jobs and we're not equipped to bring her to our house. Caring for her will now be a full-time job, I'm afraid. I'm fairly certain we're going to have to pursue placement in a long term care facility.

We did get out to blow off some steam last weekend. We both needed it! I had planned to treat myself to a pedicure for Mother's Day. I ran into Ulta to choose a nail color. When I came out, I really felt compelled to check out the T J Maxx next door. I hit the jackpot!!  I got some new workout tops and shorts in addition to other assorted goodies! Then I went to Old Navy and found some additional bargains. I ran out of time for the pedicure but the retail therapy did the trick!

I had an "A-ha" moment that morning. I was getting ready to go to town. I grabbed a pair of jeans out of my closet. I didn't pay much attention to which ones they were. They went on effortlessly. Only after they were on and zipped did  I realize that they were size 27 Miss Me jeans that I never wore because I did a pretty descent sized muffin top in them. What a nice surprise!! 

Sunday was Mother's Day. I did my usual Sunday household chores and meal prep. But hubs told me if I got everything ready, he would cook it all on the grill so that could have a little break. I could really get used to that!!  This week we prepped grilled chicken, grilled steak, grilled veggies (zucchini, yellow squash, asparagus, peppers and onion), brown rice, mixed veggies, salad, and hard boiled eggs. I really try hard to keep meal prep simple and that strategy is working out for me, so far.

This is week 3 of the 21 Day fix. I'm going to continue the workouts. And tonight, I meet with my new trainer for the first time. I'm going to start with 6 weeks and see how that goes. I'm really excited about it!!  Strength training is something that I've really wanted to focus on for some time now. I've tried some home workout programs. But I'm tired of pussyfooting around. I really want to step up my game and challenge myself.

Until next time--get up, get out, and get moving! Whatever you decide to do today, remember to be awesome!

Your friend,

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment