Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Monday Motivation/Weekly Goals

Howdy, howdy folks!

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

I hope you're all having a fabulous day, so far!

Sorry for the late post, but I varied my routine this morning so I'm a little late getting to the party. One of the reasons for my running rut recently (say that 5 times fast) is that my circle of running friends have all been going different directions. We're all at different places in our training schedules, training for different races, have different agendas, etc. Some of us are just coming back from injuries, health issues and such. I realize that I can just go run by myself. But I really enjoy the social aspect of running. A lot of my friends have been running early in the morning at 5am. I can't join them that early. But this morning, some of them could meet at 6am. We did 4 miles, are a few gnats, and it was great! I'm hoping we can continue this over the summer! It was a good run. There was a little nagging pain in my heel but it was very minimal. I should have kinesio taped it, but it went away by mile 2. I was able to get ready for work at the gym and made it to work early even. Sometimes, if I vary my routine any, I'm a little "off" all day but today it was really great! Definitely started my day on a positive note!

We had a relatively good weekend at the lake. I did struggle a bit with maintain my healthy, clean eating. We always pack snacks for on the boat, usually chips, pretzels, crackers, adult beverages and things like that. I had a difficult time finding healthy snacks to take on the boat. And adult beverages are counter productive to any progress that I make during the week. I'm a little discouraged. I love the lake and floating on my boat. I'm not sure how I can do that and maintain my healthy habits. Plus, it ties up my whole weekend time that I usually grocery shop and meal prep. :-/

This week, I'm continuing the 21 Day Fix, week 2. I'm really liking the workouts. I've had to increase the calories on the meal plan though because I wasn't getting enough calories to begin with. I want to maintain my current weight and would be ok with adding a few pounds of lean muscle even.

This week's fitness goals are:

Monday--4 mile run; Total Body Cardio fix
Tuesday--Turkey Tuesday 3 mile run; Upper fix
Wednesday--Lower fix
Thursday--Pilates fix
Friday--Cardio fix
Saturday--Dirty 30
Sunday--Yoga fix

Until next time--get up, get out and get moving! Whatever you do today, remember to be awesome!

Your friend,

Theresa


No comments:

Post a Comment