Monday, May 19, 2014

Motivation Monday

Good morning folks!!  Happy Monday!

The past 2 weeks have been the hardest, most challenging that I've had in quite some time. I'm hoping that this week might go a little more smoothly! I hope that you all had a good weekend!!

Saturday, I got up and did a chest and triceps workout. Then hubs and I did the weekly grocery shopping. We went to Ross and I got a pair of workout capri pants and a new pair of Nike Pegasus, too. We went out to a friend's birthday party later that night. Yesterday, hubs went to our place at the lake to do some work on our trailer and I stayed home to do the chores and weekly food prep. This week, I prepped steaks, yellow squash/zucchini, ground turkey meat, spaghetti squash, brown rice, baked sweet potatoes, hb eggs, and broccoli.

One thing that I really enjoy about blogging is the networking aspect. Recently, I "met" Danielle Prestejohn and I had an opportunity to work with her for the past 21 days. She is a Beachbody coach and gave several of us a chance to try the new 21 Day Fix workout program from Beachbody. I've tried other Beachbody programs in the past and really liked them, so I was excited about this opportunity.

This particular program includes an eating plan based on portion control. I believe that is where most people struggle on their weight loss journey. It is a very simple plan to follow. There are color coded containers that represent different food groups: protein, vegetables, fruits, starches, fats, nuts and seeds. You calculate that amount of calories that you need for the day and then you follow the guide that shows you how many color coded containers to eat for the day. For instance, the 1200-1499 plan includes 3 greens, 2 purples, 3 reds, 2 yellows, 1 blue and 1 orange. Super easy!!

As you know, I am already a meal planner/prepper. I weigh and measure all my portions. In all honesty, I didn't feel like I was eating enough. I felt hungry when I followed the plan. I noticed that I was loosing weight and that isn't my goal. I want to maintain and could actually afford to put on a few pounds of lean muscle. It was easy for me to adjust my intake by simply stepping up to the next meal plan. I think it was helpful for my husband to get a visual of correct portion sizes and how much food he should be eating as well as what types of food and when to eat them.

My favorite part of this program are the workouts. There are 7 different workouts. Each one is 30 minutes in length and are easily modifiable for beginners or if one is injured, etc. Although the workouts are short, they are effective. Scientifically, short bursts of exercise with short rest periods (HIIT) are highly effective for weight loss and fat burning. I love these workouts and will continue to incorporate them into my fitness regimen.

I'm pleased with my progress, so far.I'm seeing subtle little changes everyday.

Here's my workout schedule for the week:

Monday--Upper body strength training, back/shoulders/biceps
Tuesday--Total Body Cardio Fix
Wednesday--Upper fix
Thursday--Double day Lower fix and Pilates fix
Friday--Chest and triceps
Saturday--Dirty 30 (or 3 mile run if we are at the lake)
Sunday--yoga fix

Until next time--get up, get out, get moving. And whatever you do today, be awesome at it!

Your friend,

Theresa

What are your workout plans this week?
Have you tried the 21 Day Fix?




2 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you reviewed this program! I have been considering it and was unsure if it was worth it. Your review was very helpful. (By the way, you look Fabulous!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Theresa! I did 21 Day Fix several months ago and loved it. I followed the maintenance plan so I could build muscle, not so much lose weight. :-)

    ReplyDelete