Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Quick update/recap

Hello, hello folks!!

I hope that you all had a fabulous holiday weekend! 

First, let me apologize for my recent radio silence. The past week was pretty busy with my mother in law being in the hospital in ICU. She was quite ill and for us, that meant several late nights at the hospital with her. The good news is that she is on the mend. I have requested a rehab eval for her. And I suspect that we'll be moving her either to rehab or back to the skilled  nursing facility by the weekend.

We spend most of our summer weekends at our "happy place" Lake Tenkiller near Tahlequah, Oklahoma. We've been going there for 3 years now. Memorial Day weekend is usually the kickoff to our "lake season". But, with his mother in the hospital, we weren't sure that we were going to go. We finally decided that we would go on Friday night and spend Saturday then play the rest of the weekend by ear. It was mostly my idea because I thought that hubs needed to get away from the ICU/hospital for a little while. We left Friday, stopped to check in on her on our way, bought some groceries and got to our little camping trailer close to bedtime.

I woke up early Saturday and went for a run. It was about 65 degrees with 99% humidity. I thought I had charged my Garmin but apparently it didn't make good contact and was dead. So I had to run "naked" I really have no idea how far or fast I went. I think it was between 2 and 3 miles. I forgot how hilly it is at the lake!!  That plus the humidity plus I haven't been running all that much made it a little bit of a rough run. I walked one of the bigger hills but I still enjoyed being outdoors!

After breakfast, we got the boat in the water, met our friends and headed to "Party Cove" It's like a giant parking lot for boats where everyone ties up and socializes with each other. There are usually wild shenanigans that go on out there. We like to stay on the fringe and people watch. It was a little bit cool and cloudy but there was plenty of entertainment!!  We had such a great time with all of our friends!!

We woke up Sunday morning, checked on his mom and found out that she was doing much better so we decided to stay Sunday too. We went for a nice boat ride then went to Party Cove to people watch again. All in all, it was a great weekend! It was just the break from our daily lives that we needed.

We got up early yesterday, put the boat up, packed up our stuff and headed home. We stopped to check on his mom on the way home. She was awake and they had a good visit. She's getting better every day! We started the laundry when we got home and went to the store to get the weekly groceries. After that, I did the weekly meal prep. I didn't take pictures this week, but I prepped:
baked chicken, baked fish, steamed squash, steamed asparagus, brown rice and HB eggs.

We did a shoulders, back and biceps workout and by that time, we were ready for bed!

I love the lake but it's a challenge to maintain all the hard work from the week. I hate to undo it all on the weekends! I try to get in a run at least one day that we're there. And I try to keep our food reasonably clean/healthy. I had a few transgressions last weekend but I don't think it was all that bad. I took rotisserie chicken and sliced turkey on the boat for lettuce wraps with guacamole and fruit for snacks. And we had grilled chicken for dinner both nights. Adult beverages are always an issue. They're just empty calories and are counter productive for muscle growth. I did partake in a few but again, I tried to keep them few and far between and on the lighter side. I think I did ok but the proof will be when I step on the scale at work. EEK!!

This week, my fitness goals are:

Monday--back, shoulders, biceps
Tuesday--Total Body Cardio fix and upper fix
Wednesday--LEG DAY!!  Lower fix and legs
Thursday--Dirty 30
Friday--Chest and triceps
Saturday--2-3 mile run

Until next time--get up, get out, and get moving. Whatever you do today, be awesome at it!!

Your friend,

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment