Tuesday, April 23, 2013

We Are Unstoppable Run for Boston

Last night after work, I went to Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa for a group run, just like I do every other Monday.  But this one was different. This was the "We Are Unstoppable" run for Boston. They sold shirts, both tech and cotton t-shirts for $25 each with 100% of the proceeds going to the One Fund Boston organization. When I got there at 5pm, the line for shirts started at the back door and wound all the way through the store to the front door. It was obvious that I was not going to be able to get a shirt. The community response was overwhelming, raising over $9700!

I ran with the 12:00 mile group as this was a recovery run for me. Kay led the group and we ended up running closer to an 11:30-11:40. There was a 2 mile loop and an additional 3 mile loop for those who wanted to go farther. I did the 2 mile loop with the group and then an additional 1.5 It was a good run!



This is the group from the downtown Blue Dome store. From what I've seen and heard, the crowd at the Kingspointe location was equally as large.

Again, this makes me proud to be a runner and to be part of the Tulsa running community and Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment