Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Motivation

Good morning!! 

Here we go again!!  It's a new day and a new week, lets make it count!!

We had another fabulous weekend at our lake place. Yep, we just left and we went right back! That's how much we love it there! Plus, there aren't too many more summer weekends left, so we're trying to take advantage of it while we can.

So far, Pathways is going GREAT!!  I'm so excited to be back. It's so exciting to work with these runners. I enjoy watching them pursue and achieve their goals. It really is very rewarding! We ran 3 miles last Thursday night and 3.5 on Saturday morning. Its been rather hot and humid here recently. We really aren't acclimated to that because we've had such a mild summer. I keep telling them to hang in there, it will get better. I'm not sure if they believe me, though. :-)

I really enjoyed our time at the lake recently but I'm ready to get back into our regular routine. I haven't been as careful with my macros as I should have been and I've slacked on my strength training. When we got home last night, I meal prepped, of course! I fixed ground turkey, baked chicken breast, brown rice, black beans, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli, mixed veggies, salad, and HB eggs. Tonight, we'll get back on track with our strength training with Body Beast chest and triceps.

And, that's all I've got for you now. Until next time--get up, get out, and get moving!!  Whatever you do today, be awesome at it!!

Your friend,

Theresa

2 comments:

  1. I have been reading on numerous blogs about macros when it comes to diet. I am unfamiliar with that way of eating. I have been following paleo and did a whole30 at the beginning of the year. What exactly are the macro numbers made up of and what is the goal by following them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.mckinley.illinois.edu/handouts/macronutrients.htm explains what macronutrients are and how the body uses them. And http://iifym.com explains thoroughly the goal of following them. It allows me more flexibility and less guilt than tracking calories alone.

      Delete