Thursday, May 2, 2013

Thursday thoughts

Good morning folks!!

I had to look twice at the calendar this morning. Yep, sure enough it is May, but it feels like February: 40 degrees and a cold north wind with snow in the forecast. WTH, Mother Nature?! Stop being such a tease!!

LIFE IS A THEATER, CHOOSE YOUR AUDIENCE CAREFULLY

Not everyone is healthy enough to have a front row seat in our lives.
There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a DISTANCE.

It's amazing what you can accomplish when you let go of, or at least

minimize your time with, draining, negative, incompatible, not-going-anywhere relationships/friendships.

Observe the relationships around you. Pay attention.

Which ones lift and which ones lean?

Which ones encourage and which ones discourage?

Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill?

When you leave certain people do you feel better or feel worse?

Which ones always have drama or don't really understand, know or appreciate you?

The more you seek quality, respect, growth, peace of mind, love and truth around you...the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in the front row and who should be moved to the balcony of Your Life.

For several years, now, I've tried to maintain this as my "mission statement". I've truly been a happier person. Unfortunately, I've had to limit some interaction with family and every once in a while, that negative drama rears it's ugly head. What frustrates me so much with this situation is that I always try to be so positive that I can't believe that I let someone suck me into their negativity. I even stooped to their level! So, I am reaffirming to myself, not to let anyone try to steal my sunshine, including family, even if that means that they can't sit in my front row. Today, I am choosing happiness!









No comments:

Post a Comment