Monday, May 13, 2013

Moving on

Good morning folks!!  Happy Monday!

I hope that everyone had a great weekend!! 

We opted to for go the Running with the Cows half marathon in Kansas for another one that I have set my sights on. More on that later ;-)  Saturday morning, we got up early and went to Tulsa to run with our groups. Pathways started  at 7:00, so I ran 3 miles with them. My running buddy, Rozdi and I went back out for a few more miles. We met our half marathon training group on the trail and ran back in with them. It was a perfect morning for a run!!  We got in a total of 6.5 miles

Then, hubs and I went to breakfast and to the new Guthrie Green venue to check out the health fair they were having. It was a very nice event. We wrapped up our day with our weekly grocery shopping and some chilling/grilling on the patio.

Mother's Day was a nice day too. I had wanted to ride my bike but I had chores to do instead. So, we stayed home and I meal prepped like a boss!!  Meals for the week include: eggs for hubs' breakfast, baked spaghetti squash, spaghetti sauce w/ turkey sausage, mushrooms and squash, roasted asparagus w/ mushrooms, baked rosemary citrus chicken breast, Parmesan roasted zucchini (my new favorite way to eat zucchini) and fresh strawberries/pineapple.

After dinner, we watched "Jack Reacher" which was a very good movie!!

I'm glad I decided to do meal prep yesterday. The past couple of weeks, my eating has been out of control!  And I think that is mainly because I haven't been doing a good job of meal planning. I've just been eating randomly and grabbing whatever is available in my work cafeteria. Needless to say, I've been binging and it isn't pretty!!  I haven't been going to my boot camp or doing any cross training either. I'm been in a slump!  But, starting today, I'm moving away from those unhealthy habits and moving back to clean, healthy eating and exercising regularly. I just feel so much better when I do!!

Its easy to slip back into those old habits of poor eating, etc and it happens to the best of us from time to time. We can't let those setbacks define us!!  Remember how good it feels to see progress on the scale or when you slip on a pair of pants that were previously snug and now they fit!!  Let those moments motivate you to get back on track and keep going!! 

Make it a great Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment