Friday, April 11, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up

TGIF folks!!

Woohoo!!  It's finally Friday!! 

I hope that you all had a fabulous week!  The weather has been beautiful here. I've been taking advantage of it as much as I can!

Yesterday was a busy day at work. I had plans to run with my friend, Kelly. She texted me about 4pm to tell me that she wasn't going to be able to run. I decided to go ahead and run anyway. I did 3 miles on Riverside. I wasn't really worried about running alone as there were lots of people out enjoying the weather. I ran in my Brooks Ravenna with the green Superfeet inserts. It was a pain free run and still no pain this morning. That hasn't happened in a very long time!! I'm still reluctant to say that I'm healed or 100% yet. I'm still nervous about doing too much, too soon. With that being said, I'm seriously thinking about a 12k trail run tomorrow. I know that doesn't really sound like taking it easy but there are a lot of good reasons to do it. With it being a trail run, I'll have no choice but to slow my pace and I'm sure there will be areas where I have to walk for safety reasons. Plus, the unpaved trails absorb more shock than paved roads so it will be kinder and gentler on my healing tendons. Also, the weather is supposed to be beautiful tomorrow so it will be a great way to get out and enjoy the weather and nature.
 

The rest of the weekend will be pretty low key. After the run, we'll do our weekly shopping. And Sunday, I'll do the weekly meal prep. I haven't decided what I'm cooking yet. I'm planning to do a meal prep post next week so I'm hoping to have some good recipes to share with you next week.

And that's all I'm planning right now.

Until next time--get up, get out, get moving and be awesome today!!

Your friend,

Theresa

What are your weekend plans??

Trails or roads??

2 comments:

  1. roads for me, just because it's more convenient; i prefer getting to run right out my front door, and i always fear that i'm going to get hit by a cyclist on the trail!

    i nominated you for a liebster award on my blog: http://corralb.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete