Monday, April 28, 2014

Motivation Monday ~ Weekly Goals, New Plan

Hello folks! Happy Monday!

I hope that you had a good weekend.

Mine did not go as planned. I went to my sister's baby shower Friday afternoon. It was so nice and they were blessed with so many nice gifts. Afterward, I went to a doctor's appointment for some skin issues I've been having recently. I think I'm experiencing some hormonal acne. I never had breakouts like this when I was younger. This had been horrible, painful and terribly embarrassing. I was given a perception for oral antibiotics and a topical ointment.

Sometime during the night, I woke up ill from the antibiotics. I was supposed to get up and run later that morning but just didn't feel like it. As a matter of fact, I didn't feel well enough to do anything until about 2 pm. I forced myself to get up and go do the grocery shopping.

Yesterday, I was supposed to go volunteer at the Oklahoma  City marathon but again wasn't feeling well. I did get up at 0630 to watch the marathon on tv as I had many friends running it. I turned the tv on just in time to see that the start was delayed until 7 am due to severe thunderstorms with hail and lightening. They delayed the start until 7:15 and then again until 8 am. There was real danger of them having to cancel but the storms passed enough, that they were able to start at 8:15. It was so exciting to watch it on tv and made me sad that I there. But with the weather, I was glad I wasn't actually.

I did my house work while watching them run. Then I did meal prep. After ward, I did a total body strength workout and then yoga. I was finally able to sit down and put my feet up for a little while.

This week, I prepped baked chicken, ground turkey, stir fry veggies, brown rice, spaghetti squash, green beans, roasted sweet potatoes, hard boiled eggs, salad, and fresh veggies for snacks.

Our meal plan/workout plan is going to be a little different this week. We're trying the 21 Day Fix from Beachbody. It is a meal/workout plan that comes with multiple, colored portion control containers. Each container/color corresponds with a food group: red - protein, green - veggies, purple - fruit, yellow - carbs, blue - fats/cheese, orange - seeds/oils. You calculate your calorie intake and each day you're allowed x number of containers based on the required/desired calorie intake. I'm on the lowest calorie plan, so I'm allowed: 3 green, 2 purple, 4 red, 2 yellow, 1 blue, 1 orange and 2 tsp (nut butter)

It also includes a 7 day workout plan. Now, I have to tell ya that I cheated and started the workouts last week. I love them! They are led by Autumn Calabrese and when I'm done, I feel like I've done work! Each day is different and each workout is only 30 minutes. They are easily modified if one needs to.

I've joined up with Danielle Prestejohn and a few other bloggers for this challenge. You'll follow us while we do the program for 3 weeks.

I'm a little skeptical about the meal plan. I already do a good job of meal planning/prepping. And I measure all my portions on a food scale. I feel like this is something I've already got a
good handle on. So far, I'm not impressed with the "if it fits in the container, you can eat it" mindset. Especially when it comes to vegetables. When I was preparing my salad today, one green container of lettuce wasn't quite enough for my taste, so I'm going to have an extra green container today. There are worse things I could eat. :-)

We'll give it a go though and I'll try to be open minded about it.

My fitness goals for the week include the 21 Day Fix workout plan with 2-3 short runs included in there.

Until next time--get up, get out, get moving! And whatever you do today, be awesome!

Your friend,

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment