Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fat Tuesday fit tips/motivation

Laissez les bon temps rouler!! Happy Fat Tuesday y'all!!

I thought this would be a good day to post a few of my favorite fit and healthy tips for you. But let me start by saying this: last week I posted a "fat pic" of me on Instagram and Facebook. I was surprised by the response to that pic. Many of you told me that I was an inspiration to you or motivational and for that, I say "Thank You"! What I want you all to know is that "a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step".  Anything that you want to acheive is possible if you just believe!!  You can accomplish anything that you want if you put your mind to it and work hard.

For me, the key to my weight loss was diet and nutrition. I still struggle with it on a daily basis. I have a sweet tooth and don't mind indulging it. I would say cookies are my weakness but that's really not the case. Any and all sweets are my weakness!! And I can't seem to just eat one!!  Here are a few things I do to avoid a binge or if I have over indulged:

1: I track my calories pretty much daily. I use My Fitness Pal which is a free app for Android, iphone and online. It helps keep me accountable and helps me prevent binging.

2: While I do eat as healthy as possible 99% of the time, I also don't deprive myself and I don't eat perfectly every day. If you slip up and go over your calories, don't beat yourself up. Just get back at it tomorrow. Allow yourself a day where you increase your calorie limit to 1800 or 200 so you can enjoy a treat and don't feel so deprived.

3: Clean eating. I can't express this one enough!! You cannot feed your body crap if you expect to be successful. And there are so many misleading products out there. Simpy put, eat as many whole foods as you possibly can every day, fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, whole grains and healthy fats. Remember if it comes in a box or can with an expiration date, it really isn't good for you. The same goes for anything marketed as "fat free" or "sugar free" Remember if they took the fat or sugar out of it, they had to replace it with something and most of the time that means some artificial, chemical crap!! Shop the perimeter of your grocery store and try to avoid the center aisles where the boxed and canned goods are. And, if your great grandmother didn't eat it, you shouldn't eat it either!!

So, with all this being said, you can do it, if you want to!! Start small!!  Don't change everything at once and don't expect perfection  or instant results. We're human!!  Allow yourself to makes mistakes and don't beat yourself up for it. You'll find that if you make small changes, those changes will likely become habit. You'll be much more successful and enjoy yourself so much more. It will be more natural and less of a struggle. Reward yourself for your accomplishments too! This will help keep you motivated.  Set goals and treat yourself to a massage, mani/pedi, or new workout clothes when you reach those milestones.
What are your favorite healthy, whole foods to eat?? 

How do you handle it if you have a diet slip up??

How do you keep yourself motivated??




No comments:

Post a Comment