Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011-a year in review and a challenge for 2012

Wow!  Where does the time go??  It seems like just yesterday we were starting 2011!!  It has been a wild ride this year with many changes, some good and some bad.  This year, in Oklahoma, we were dealt some of the harshest weather that I can ever remember.  January/February brought us record snowfall.  In May, we had record tornado outbreaks, followed closely by the hottest summer on record.  We were at or over 100 degrees for 60+ days. And we had the strongest earthquake ever recorded in Oklahoma in November!!  CRAZY!! 

Personally, I discovered my love of running and I have been busy pursuing that passionately!! I have learned so much about myself through running.  I have a sense of accomplishment, confidence and balance that I've never had before. And it has enabled to make wonderful new friends!!  My running resume:

April 2011:  Scrub Run 10K (my 1st 10k)
May 2011: Cinco de Mayo 5K (my 1st 5K); Full Moon Run 5K
June2011:  Mohawk 5000 5K
July 2011:  Mid Summer Madness 5K; Bedlam Run 5K
August 2011: Trailblazer 5K
September 2011: Cherokee Strip 5K; Warrior Dash
October 2011:  Rt 66 Quarter Marathon; Lederhosen Lauf 4 mile run: Tulsa Run 15K
November 2011: McNellie's Pub Run 4 mile run; Rt 66 Half Marathon; Turkey Trot 5K
Decemer 2011: Jingle Bell Run 5k

I wish I could say the same about my professional life.  :(  I'm still struggling to find the right balance with that. Hopefully 2012 will bring some positive changes there, since I have strong feelings about a healthy work/life balance. You can't have 1 without the other!!  :)


Speaking of 2012, in my last post, I mentioned that 88% of all New Year's Resolutions end in failure.  With that being said, I would like to issue a challenge to all of my friends.  I challenge you to truly make 2012 a "NEW YEAR"  I challenge every one of you to try something NEW that you have never done before!!  It can be anything: a new hairstyle, a new recipe or a new food you've never eaten, skydiving......whatever!! We never know what we can become if we do not try! Dare to dream and dream big, folks!

"You're never too old to set a new goal or dream a new dream."~~C.S. Lewis

If you could do just 1 thing without fear of failure, what would it be??



No comments:

Post a Comment