Monday, July 7, 2014

Motivation Monday

Howdy,  Howdy y'all!

I hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend.

We were at the lake for an extended weekend. After my mother in law passed,  we decided to take my father in law with us.  We knew it would be challenging but we didn't feel like leaving him home alone for 5 days was the right thing to do. It was a fun but exhausting weekend and I think a good time was had by all.  I know he enjoyed himself. He tried very hard to keep up with us all weekend and did a fairly good job of it actually.  Other than one potential heat exhaustion episode,  there were no major mishaps.

I ran Wednesday and Friday.  I walked on Thursday and Saturday. I was fairly good food and beverage - wise until yesterday when I ate some Fritos. I ate WAY more than the recommend serving size...oops!

So,  the past few weeks have been very hectic for me. I've tried hard to maintain consistent workouts and clean eating despite all that we've had going on.  I'm happy to be able to get back into a more consistent routine today.

I meal prepped when we got home yesterday, as usual so I'll have healthy food choices for the week.  I've been doing the 21 Day Fix workouts for a while now and I'm looking forward to changing that up this week.  I've ordered the Beachbody Body Beast program.  It should arrive tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to starting that! I'm planning to continue running in the morning with my friends and will do the strength training program in the evenings after work.

I'm also excited that I'll be coaching my Pathways group again beginning next month.  They'll be training for the Tulsa Run 15k. Meanwhile,  I'll be training for my next half marathon.  I've decided that I would like to run the Big Cottonwood Half Marathon in Salt Lake City in September. I'll be ramping up my mileage again and am more than a little nervous.  I'm tired of being injured all the time.  Hopefully the cross training will make a difference.  I've also decided to get a gait analysis at the OU Tulsa human performance lab. They will put me on a treadmill and film me running for about 15 minutes then they will break it down and tell me what I'm doing wrong and hopefully how to correct my form to help prevent future injuries. I'll post specifics about that tomorrow.

So, thats all I've got for now.  Until next time-get up, get out,  and get moving! Remember to be awesome today!

Your friend,

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment