Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Inspiration

Howdy folks! I hope you're having a great week so far!

I can't complain and even if I did,  it wouldn't do me any good.

My legs  are still very sore from my long run last Saturday. I did 7  miles,  up to the  top of  Bullet  Mountain  and back so that I could work on my downhill running technique.  It is 1100 ft elevation,  pretty much straight up! It was hard and wasn't a pretty run by any means.  I didn't feel well afterward.  I was nauseated and had chills and severe leg cramps .  My hubs thinks that I overheated and got dehydrated.  I think he might be right,  but shhhh......don't tell him I said that!

I didn't run yesterday morning.  I gave the legs another day of rest.  I did  Body Beast build  chest and triceps instead.  Today is leg day!  I might go have make  some modifications  because of the residual soreness. The forecasted high temp for tomorrow is supposed to  be in the 70's,  so I'm hoping to get in a few recovery miles then.

I've had a couple of insightful conversations recently that I wanted to talk to you about.  Last Wednesday,  after my personal trainer session,  I posted a flex selfie.  A good  friend sent me a message to tell that I was looking good,  happy and healthy.  He went on to say the he was "a work in progress" and thanked me for the inspiration. I replied with my usual "not where I want to be  but  closer than I used to be"  line and didn't give it much thought.  Then yesterday, I was scrolling through Instagram and ran across a new account that really struck me.  I followed it and commented on  her photo that she was inspirational. To which she replied "aren't we all"  That comment really resonated with me and I completely got what my friend was trying to tell me last week.  The definition  of inspiration is: a person or thing that motivates mentally or emotionally. It was in that moment that I realized no matter where I am in my journey,  there is someone out there who is just starting.  Who knows who you might  be influencing today,  so do your best to put your best self out there! Everyday you  should strive to  be a little bit better than you were yesterday! #relentlesspursuitofbetter #rpob

Until next time--get up,  get out and get moving.  Whatever you do today,  be awesome at it!

Your friend,

Theresa


Who or what inspires you?
How do you try to improve yourself everyday?

No comments:

Post a Comment