Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Tuesday Thoughts

Good morning folks!!

Happy Tuesday!!

I hope that you're having a fabulous week!

Last week was a little bit rough for me. I was sick and couldn't quite shake it. I thought that it was my gallbladder. I ended up going to the doctor last Friday. My lab work was normal and am supposed to have an ultrasound, but the symptoms are mostly resolved so I think I'll hold off for now.

Pathways is moving right along and my group is doing an amazing job. I'm so proud of them! We did hill repeats last Thursday. It was hot and the hills were so challenging! But they powered through and got it done. They were rewarded with a cool, rainy run last Saturday morning. We went 5.5 miles which was a distance PR for several of them. After the run, we got together for a nice brunch. Hubs and I watched my favorite college football team after that then we went on a pedi/movie date later in the day. It was a perfect day!!

Sunday, I did a little shopping. Hooray for retail therapy!!  Then I did the weekly meal prep, as usual. This week I prepped baked chicken, ground turkey, brown rice, baked sweet potatoes, salad, green beans, mixed veggies, and HB eggs. We had breakfast for dinner that night and it was fabulous! I need to do that more often!!
 
I'm back at it with my cross training this week. I'm hoping that I can be consistent this time. My fitness plans this week include:

Monday--Body Beast Chest and Tris
Tuesday--Pathways, speed work at the track; 21 Day Fix Upper Fix
Wednesday--Body Beast Build Back and Biceps
Thursday--Pathways 3.5 mile progression run; Body Beast Lucky 7 or 21 Day Fix Dirty Thirthy
Friday--Body Beast Build Shoulders
Saturday--Cherokee Strip Celebration 5k

This is one of my all time favorite weeks ever!!  I've come to the sad realization that we've had our last warm lake weekend, but fall will be arriving this week just in time for my hometown's celebration of the 1893 Oklahoma Land Run. We call it "Celebration Week" The county fair and carnival runs throughout the week and the festivities conclude on Saturday with a parade around the town square. I haven't been to it in a few years but I'm going this year. My brother and his wife will be there with my niece. It will be nice to have my whole family together. There is a 5k that morning and I'm going to run it. My goal is to win my age group!!  There is a fall cool front predicted for this weekend, so hopefully the cooler temps will give me a little boost and I can do it!!

So that's all for me now. I know it's short and sweet but I've been slacking again so I just wanted to pop in and update you quickly on what I've been up to. I hope that you all have a fabulous week. We'll meet here again tomorrow, same time, same place for Workout Wednesday. I've got something exciting to share with you this week!

Until next time--get up, get out, and get moving!!  Whatever you decided to do today, be awesome at it!!

Your friend,

Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment