Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Workout Wednesday

Good morning folks! Happy Wednesday!! 

I love Wednesdays because it means that we are halfway through the work week. And we all know that I'm just working for the weekends!

One of my goals for 2013 was to incorporate more cross training to increase my core strength, endurance and stamina with the hope of improving my performance and decreasing the risk of injury. I've got probably 2 dozen workout dvds, so initially my plan was to do one of those on the nights that I'm not running. The thing about working out alone at home is that it doesn't really challenge me, so I'm not as consistent about it as I should be. I've also considered Body Pump and buying the Insanity workout program. One of the physicians that I work with recently completed Insanity and swears by it, so I'm still thinking about it. Recently, Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa initiated Urban Fit, a boot camp style class designed to increase core strength. Because I do much better in a group setting than alone, I signed up for it for 6 weeks. I like it very much because they vary the workouts so that it doesn't get redundant.

Last night, I just wasn't feeling it though. I had a little bit of a sore throat and the weather was dreary, cold and drizzly. I just felt like coming home and curling up in my pj's with a bowl of potato soup. So, I skipped Urban Fit. I did get in a workout though before I got in my pj's. I tried the new Jillian Michaels Hard Body dvd. I have to say that this is my new favorite JM dvd. I found it to be challenging (hint: weighted burpees) and felt like I had gotten a good workout afterward. Hopefully I will be able to consistently incorporate it into my current fitness regimen.


Here's what I'm planning for my workout schedule for the next 6-8 weeks:

Monday: Pathways PW3 run
Tuesday: Urban Fit
Wednesday: Pathways PW3 run
Thursday: Urban Fit
Friday: REST
Saturday: Pathways PW3 run
Sunday: JM Hard Body

Do you do any cross training?

What is your favorite workout?

What does your workout schedule look like?

Do you prefer to workout with a group or alone??

No comments:

Post a Comment