Friday, April 12, 2013

Finally Friday

Happy Friday y'all!

Is it me or did this week just fly by??  And what a great week it has been.

My nutrition and fitness have been on track. I've had a couple of good runs with good friends this week. And last night, I participated in the inaugural Urban Fit cross training at Fleet Feet Sports Tulsa.
 I just love this company and all that they do to get the community active. They've got multiple successful walking and running training programs, all of which I've participated in at some time. And now, they've tapped into another much needed area by offering fitness workouts. I'm happy about the exciting things they are embarking on!

After the workout, I went next door to the bicycle shop where they were hosting the monthly CMSA (Case Management Society of America) meeting. The topic this month was health and wellness both personally and in the community. It was fitting that I arrived in my workout attire!!  They had some delicious food from Panera and MyFit Foods. And the speaker was one of my absolute, all time favorite speakers, Dr. David Brennan from OU Physicians where he teaches and develops worksite primary care and wellness programs. He also coordinates the Family Medicine Human Performance Lab. He conducts VO2 max testing and gait analysis and coordinates our track workouts. I've had the opportunity to hear him speak on several occasions, including my coaches certification training. And everytime I hear him, I'm captivated. I would love an opportunity to pick his brain as I feel that I could glean so much knowledge from him. The summation of his talk was eat less, move more. This is absolutely essential to to future of health and wellness and is a subject that I am eager to learn more about!

I'm looking forward to a much needed girls night out with a few of my dearest friends after work tonight. Tomorrow morning we've got a 7 mile run with our training group. This will be our last long run before the Camp Barnabas half marathon. I'd really like to do at least 8 miles, so we'll see how it goes in the morning.

Sunday is going to be super busy with meal prepping for next week and we're planning a long bike ride since the weather will be nice. I haven't even planned my menu yet....EEK!

I guess that's my cue to go get busy!!  Have your awesome selves a wonderful weekend!!

Have you had a good week??




No comments:

Post a Comment